Ecstatic Dance is an intentional community dance experience built upon the following guidelines:
- Move however you wish.
- Avoid *verbal* communication on the dance floor.
- No shoes on the dance floor.
- Observe respect for self and one another.
- Use sensitivity when engaging with others.
- Obtain consent before dancing with someone. (Use eye contact.)
- Respect the collective space.
- No drug and alcohol use.
- Ecstatic Dance is what you make of it.
There are opportunities to dance in Puna, every week!
Here are our favorites:
12-6860 Kalapana-Kapoho Rd, Pahoa, Hawaii 96778
Sunday E-Dance at Kalanimua
Admission: $20 Per Adult $15 after Yoga at 11:11am
- Yoga Opening: 10 am
- Cocoa Blessing: 10:50 am
- Ecstatic Dj set: 11:11 am
- Sound Healing: 1:30 am
Check their facebook for up to date info!
Each Sunday will open with a yoga warm-up led by Megan, followed by the Movement Church’s cacao ceremony led by Jami Deva and others, into an opening circle, and then a two-and-a-half-hour Ecstatic Dance, followed by community-led sound healing and a closing circle.
Our Sunday dances have long been the heartbeat of a diverse community. It ignites creativity and connection. It provides a full-body emotional outlet. It keeps us dancing through good times and bad. It’s a unique form of worship through self-expression. It’s something our community created together. And it’s time to dance our prayers together again.
We gather to dance our prayers! To co-create magic and miracles! Please consider your intention for coming to dance and how you are contributing to a safe dance container for all! Mahalo
Ecstatic Dance is a ritual community movement space that follows these guidelines and rules:
1. No Talking (Any Sounds That Are Not Words Are Welcome)
2. Sign In
3. Make A Contribution
4. Respect The Space
5. Cultivate Your Awareness Of Yourself Both As An Individual And As A Member Of The Group
– Move and dance however you wish.
– No photos or videos.
– No shoes on the dance floor.
– Always be respectful to yourself and one another.
– Use sensitivity when engaging with others.
– Obtain consent with eye contact before dancing with someone.
– Respect the collective space.
– No drugs or alcohol on property.
– No dogs.
Hawaiian Sanctuary Eco-Retreat & Permaculture Center
Friday Night ‘Bee Dance’ at Hawaiian Sanctuary
Address: 13-3194 Pahoa-Kalapana Rd, Pāhoa, HI 96778
Bee Dance is that weekly buzz you’ve been craving! Serving up a divine nectar of dance medicine each Friday. New DJs every week!
Keiki Friendly, 12 & under free.
Ceremony – A Good Cause – Music – Dancing – Light Show – Fire Performances
Our weekly intention is to bring together the community in unity-hive consciousness by honoring and learning from the Bees. Each dance benefits the Gentle Hive Bee Foundation – who are busy researching local hive health and apiary techniques. We’re on a mission to protect the bees so they can protect us!
- 6 pm Creative Frequencies
- 7-10:30 pm Dance Journey with Dj’s
BEE DANCE is infinite!
Bee love… Bee safe… Bee dance…
Check their Facebook for up to date info!
Sundari Gardens Wednesday Nights
12-1092 Kaimu-Makena Homestead Road, Pahoa HI 96778
Come dance with us every Wednesday night at Ecstatic Sundari!
- 6-6:30 pm Functional Mobility & contact games with Dr. Annabelle, PT
- 6:30- 8:30 pm Ecstatic Dance with Dj
- 8:30- 8:50 pm Sound Bath & Closing Circle
Organic Ecstatic: Live Elemental Dance Journey
The newest addition to the Puna dance scene is hosted at Kumukahi Village. Every Thursday in July, check out ORGANIC ECSTATIC, a live music ecstatic dance event featuring some special guests, vendors more!
Kumukahi Village F4RG+6RF, Pāhoa, HI 96778